Shell On-Board Plus Test Kits
The Shell Rapid Lubricants Onboard Plus test kit provides your ship’s engineers with a convenient, immediate, on-the-spot method of testing the condition of the lubricants on your vessel.
It helps to supplement the laboratory-based oil analysis service provided by Shell Rapid Lubricants Analysis (RLA ). The Shell RLA service should be used to obtain regular, accurate, long-term condition monitoring information about both oil and equipment.
The Shell Rapid Lubricants Onboard Plus test kit can rapidly test five important parameters of lubricating oil performance:
- water in oil
- insoluble material
- total base number (TBN) or reserve alkalinity of engine oil viscosity
- salt-water contamination.
With the test kit, oil can be tested and monitored at any time. Although the results are not as accurate as those obtained from a laboratory, they help to confirm if the oils in use are in good condition, which helps to maintain your equipment’s protection.
- Simple and easy to use
- On-board real-time testing to remove the delay of sending samples to the laboratory
- Testing of engine, gear and hydraulic oils
- Test cell battery life of at least five years for long-term availability
- Basic insolubles test for instant indication of excessive soot loading or fuel contamination of engine oils
- The basic kit contains enough materials for 50 tests
- All equipment supplied in a rugged portable case
- An easy-to-read user manual is included
- No special training is necessary
- Immediate reliable results available any time, anywhere to fit with your operational schedules
- Confirmation that your oils are in good condition and your equipment is well protected
- Rapid test results enable you to take any necessary remedial action immediately
- A reliable source of data to help you identify maintenance issues and avoid equipment damage
- Reduced equipment downtime
- Increase operational profitability and reduced costs